Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.
Lethal Response unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» need to sell
Temporary Team Leaders. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:46 pm by trippndesign

» Player Intro: Mitu
Temporary Team Leaders. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 pm by Wyat Earp

» OP: Toothless Dragon.
Temporary Team Leaders. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm by Wyat Earp

» Intro: Bazz
Temporary Team Leaders. EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm by Wyat Earp

» Two Forney games to choose from.
Temporary Team Leaders. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:53 pm by Wyat Earp

» Night Game at Wyatts.
Temporary Team Leaders. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm by Wyat Earp

» Urgent Fury 3 Operation Anaconda
Temporary Team Leaders. EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 pm by Wyat Earp

» Custom Paintjobs
Temporary Team Leaders. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:58 pm by Wyat Earp

» Operation: Just Revenge(Battle for Marjah) Sept. 11-12 2010
Temporary Team Leaders. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:17 pm by Wyat Earp

Temporary Team Leaders.

5 posters

Go down

Temporary Team Leaders. Empty Temporary Team Leaders.

Post by Wyat Earp Sat May 02, 2009 10:37 pm

So, as some of you may know, I recently read an interesting article in USASOC Magazine. The author stated, "that for a team to be effective in the field, they should be well versed in the rolls of their team mates..." This got me thinking. We have all experienced with most if not all of the rolls provided in airsoft, except no one has been able to try out the team leader role besides myself. So, my plan is, is that I will appoint a new TL once a month, and whoever does the best, in my opinion, will become my fire team B(Bravo) leader, should the need arise in a game, or if I'm KIA. Here are the requirements:

1. Must have at least 2 practices at a field they can endorse.

2. Must find one game within 100 miles, that the temporary TL can attend, and will attend.
The TL should also encourage all team members to go.

3. The final point, is that they must give the team 1 weeks notice about upcoming games/ practices,
and must post them on the forums.

These requirements are what I try to adhere to, and I think other people should give it a try.

Now, my first Temporary Team Leader (TTL for short) is Brandt Colborg. Brandt is a good leader and is highly motivated to make this team work to it's fullest. While new to our sport, he is not new to the field of battle, having participated in many large scale paintball scenarios. If Brandt, or anyone else, had questions, they can post here, call me, or talk at school. I am leaving you in very capable hands. Brandt becomes TTL today, May 2nd, and will relinquish the possition at the end of the month. If you now have questions about practices/ games, please direct them to Mr. Colborg.

I hope this idea is supported, please feel free to post questions or comments.

-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male
Number of posts : 621
Job/hobbies : Airsoft isn't a sport, it's a lifestyle!
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Temporary Team Leaders. Empty Re: Temporary Team Leaders.

Post by Sepultura779 Sat May 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Questions directed at Mr. Wyat Earp:

"...a field they can endorse." - What is this supposed to mean? Are we allowed to schedule practice at your field, or is the TTL to procure a field by their own means?

I believe the requirement of one game for the team is unreasonable. I see what you're getting at, but think about it: Does NTA have a worthwhile game once a month? DFWAP does not count, seeing as the requirement of bio's and a $20 field fee is completely ridiculous. Don't say "just use black bb's, they'll never know" as this entirely defeats the purpose of airsoft (honor) and I know it's what you want to say. Is the TTL to schedule a game (other than practice) themselves? Scheduling of games is out of the TTL's hands and cannot always be working in our favor - acquiring a field to play at poses a number of problems, including monetary and social restrictions (do you know someone who owns a field, besides yourself?).

We have not had 2 practices, nor has the team attended one game in the past month (April). How do you expect a TTL to do things you yourself do not do?

I'm not opposed to this, however I'm very interested to see it plays out.
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sat May 02, 2009 11:33 pm

Alright, to answer your questions:
1. "...a field they can endorse." - What is this supposed to mean? Are we allowed to schedule practice at your field, or is the TTL to procure a field by their own means?
This means that the TTL will have to find a field, (other then mine), that we can practice at.

2. "I believe the requirement of one game for the team is unreasonable. I see what you're getting at, but think about it: Does NTA have a worthwhile game once a month? DFWAP does not count, seeing as the requirement of bio's and a $20 field fee is completely ridiculous. Don't say "just use black bb's, they'll never know" as this entirely defeats the purpose of airsoft (honor) and I know it's what you want to say. Is the TTL to schedule a game (other than practice) themselves? Scheduling of games is out of the TTL's hands and cannot always be working in our favor - acquiring a field to play at poses a number of problems, including monetary and social restrictions (do you know someone who owns a field, besides yourself?)."

To answer this question(s), DFWAP is starting to become more reasonable now. They are getting a very good turnout at some of the last few Ops. Also, Forney has games once every 2 weeks, and they are free. And NTA usually has one Op a month on the calender.
I don't expect the TTL to schedule games. I expect them to find a game, post about it here, and go to it.
As far as knowing people who own fields, I'm sure someone has relative, friends of friends, whatever, it just requires a small bit of work.

3."We have not had 2 practices, nor has the team attended one game in the past month (April). How do you expect a TTL to do things you yourself do not do?
Actually, we have. I went to OP: AR, on the 18th, and we have had two practices. (Don't undermine me, ):

I hope it works out to.
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Sat May 02, 2009 11:48 pm

DFWAP getting more reasonable? How so? The prices are still the same, and I know for a fact that bio's are no easier to get.

Finding a field - well, you can use my grandparents land as long as you don't mind the expense of a plane ticket to Illinois. Wyat, you get around - can you honestly think of someone who has a field we could play on, besides yourself? I may or may not have a card up my sleeve on this one (procuring a field), but what about others?

Thanks for clarifying on the game doodly. Forney games are fun.

I'm not trying to undermine you, however, I do not believe we had two practices in the month of April. I'll even count today's practice as one if you wish - I still don't think we had two, considering I haven't played in about a month (a fact that greatly annoys me).
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent ICE Tue May 05, 2009 9:10 pm

sean Has a really good point, besides, its the last month of schoo, im cramming for finals, Ims not going to be here for two weekends, and all my afterschool is overloaded already

Sean has a good point about the feild too, I have no clue where! help me
Agent ICE
Agent ICE
Corporal
Corporal

Male
Number of posts : 70
Job/hobbies : Swimming, and watching movies
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Tue May 05, 2009 9:49 pm

That's fine Brandt. Although, I have the same responsibilities and I'm able to handle it.
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Tue May 05, 2009 10:26 pm

“same responsibilities”? not all of us can walk down the road and find a nice little practice field or 2. the requirement of having to find a new field is kund of ridiculous.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Wed May 06, 2009 7:01 am

I'm pretty sure that in the second largest state in the U.S., one of you knows someone who knows someone that has property. It's simply a matter of laziness.
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Wed May 06, 2009 6:29 pm

come to think of it i do know someone who has some land that we can practice on but that person is being an a**hole and not letting us use it isnt thar right mr. jamieson. my parents are the richest people in my family and noone else in my family has land unless you want to go to pennsylvania.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Wed May 06, 2009 6:29 pm

come to think of it i do know someone who has some land that we can practice on but that person is being an a**hole and not letting us use it isnt thar right mr. jamieson. my parents are the richest people in my family and noone else in my family has land unless you want to go to pennsylvania.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed May 06, 2009 6:30 pm

temporary leaders is a waste of time, why not just do what we've been doing? people dont elect a president and a month later elect a new one just for the hell of it. it will be unorganized and confusing. and certain people will get mad about it (not naming anyone)
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male
Number of posts : 389
Job/hobbies : DMR:KWA M16, G&G SCAR
Humor : HaHaHaHa
Registration date : 2008-10-03

https://teamlru.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Wed May 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Well, the reason I wanted to do it, was in the event that I could no longer perform the TL duties. Also, I want to find a leader that could command a fire team if needed.
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Sat May 09, 2009 8:48 pm

that ould easily be decided aqt a practice. wwe break into units toplay a practice game. whoever does the best leading a unit would be named the secondary team leader. by the way this is the 1000th post in the LRU forums.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down