Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.
Lethal Response unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» need to sell
ACM M500 Shotgun EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:46 pm by trippndesign

» Player Intro: Mitu
ACM M500 Shotgun EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 pm by Wyat Earp

» OP: Toothless Dragon.
ACM M500 Shotgun EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm by Wyat Earp

» Intro: Bazz
ACM M500 Shotgun EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm by Wyat Earp

» Two Forney games to choose from.
ACM M500 Shotgun EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:53 pm by Wyat Earp

» Night Game at Wyatts.
ACM M500 Shotgun EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm by Wyat Earp

» Urgent Fury 3 Operation Anaconda
ACM M500 Shotgun EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 pm by Wyat Earp

» Custom Paintjobs
ACM M500 Shotgun EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:58 pm by Wyat Earp

» Operation: Just Revenge(Battle for Marjah) Sept. 11-12 2010
ACM M500 Shotgun EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:17 pm by Wyat Earp

ACM M500 Shotgun

3 posters

Go down

ACM M500 Shotgun Empty ACM M500 Shotgun

Post by Sepultura779 Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:05 pm

So, you guys know I rock an MP5. Great for close-quarters and mid-long range stuff alike. Love my weapon to death. However, my gun shoots quite a bit over the TASO fps limits - 419-421fps, consistently. This is an issue as I always have my minimal engagement distance increased (and, as you guys know from the last practice, if I engage you even right at 50 feet, and hit you, that gun stings like something else!). For more close quarters engagements, I am interested in purchasing a gas shotgun, much like Jonothan's Marushin. The one I'm looking at is a clone version, and can be found HERE. I would be slinging this on my back to pull out whenever, or just carrying it and leaving my MP5 in the car. I was also looking at THIS, for possibly a more tacti-cool look and smaller profile. However, I don't like the shiny finish, and have heard that the gun's 9-10 lbs are somewhat unwieldy without a stock.

What would you guys think of me buying this gun at some point? It's chambered in 6mm, so it wouldn't have quite the "bite" of Jonothan's 8mm Marushin. It shoots 5 rounds at once, and has three internal magazine tubes for a capacity of somewhere around 150 rounds. The gas resevoir also takes, apparently, 20-30 seconds to fully fill. Think I would run into any issues with TASO rules?
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

ACM M500 Shotgun Empty Re: ACM M500 Shotgun

Post by Nathan Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:55 pm

ok first off. i looked into the acm and marushin when i was choosing my shotgun. you saw the marushin and it wasnt at all worth 300 bucks. if you got the acm shotgun(especially in 6mm,) it will be a piece of crap. i believe that the only shotgun worth buying would be an 8mm for the fact that it hurts like hell and it scares the shit out of the other players. i dont wanna say i told you so on this one but its your money....
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male
Number of posts : 389
Job/hobbies : DMR:KWA M16, G&G SCAR
Humor : HaHaHaHa
Registration date : 2008-10-03

https://teamlru.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:39 am

I thought the Marushin was definitely worth 300 - It looks nice, is extremely intimidating, has good spread, and nice range. I would get it, except that the ACM is half the price, and I've read/watched nothing but good reviews for it. And, the whole, "8mm BB's are about $.50 each" thing. Thanks for backing up your statements, RC. Laughing
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:56 pm

erm..

its not like your shooting 200 rounds of 8mm bb's though...

they arent too expensive. and the reason i say that the gun isnt worth 300 because the gass leaks and you have to super glue the ejection nozzle shut. i really dont think getting a shotgun half the price of the marushin that shoots 6mm bb's is a good idea IMO.

just go with the TM line of shotguns(or even echo 1)spring would be easier and cheaper than having to buy a propane adapter also

it even says that you should buy the marushin.....

AIRSOFT GI said (No Warranty, for better M500 please purchase the Marushin 8mm M500 Shotgun)

heres the perfect shotgun for you buddy Very Happy

http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-77-tokyo-marui-spas-12-shotgun-spring-airsoft-gun.aspx
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male
Number of posts : 389
Job/hobbies : DMR:KWA M16, G&G SCAR
Humor : HaHaHaHa
Registration date : 2008-10-03

https://teamlru.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:55 pm

The reason I say they're expensive is because it's around $20 for 500 rounds. With the shotgun as my primary (If I got the 8mm version) I would go through that pretty quick.

I don't mind buying gas - It's part of the cool factor. And propane is 3 bucks for a huge bottle! I can guarantee that those issues will not be present on every single shotgun you could buy. They seem to even be limited to the Marushin! I've been doing some research into the ACM and haven't ever heard of that. Of ASGI, the 6mm ACM has no mention of not having a warranty - Only the 8mm version.

TM Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun - 40 bucks more than the ACM. Spring powered. Shell fed. No sweet noises when you fire it. 3 BB's at once, as opposed to 5. Thanks for showing me that, but no thank you.

There is no way I'm paying 200 bucks for a springer. Laughing
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Hey, people pay $200 for a spring sniper all the time, and it's usually worth it. On the shotgun however, I beleive you just won't be happy using it as your primary. The reasons are many, but I will try to condense it.
1. The shotgun that Jonathan now has looks, sounds and feels like the real thing. However, underneath it's cool exterior, vast problems await. The lack of accuracy, internal reliabilty, etc.

Anyway, my advice is just by a different AEG, or spring shotgun. I might think of more later.

-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male
Number of posts : 621
Job/hobbies : Airsoft isn't a sport, it's a lifestyle!
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:31 pm

Un-condense it, Wyat. Very Happy
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:20 pm

What does that mean? What do you think? Agree or disagree?
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:33 pm

I mean elaborate on your point and any others you may have, then I will agree/disagree.
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Okay. got it.
1. Gas efficiency. This is going to be a big issue. The fact that you are loosing gas with every shot means that the more shots you take, the weker the gun will get. This is a problem with gas snipers and it is the reason that they invented the HPA( High powered air) system. Also, when using a gas powered airsoft weapon, the price comes into play. If you choose to use green gas, it is expensive, rare and most retailers will not ship it due to fact that it is a volatile chemical. If you go propane, you will have to buy a propane adapter, and the can of propane. Also, if this shotgun is going to become your primary, you will have to carry around an extra gas can somewhere on your person (or get a noob to hold it Very Happy )

2. FPS, Range, ROF: These may prove to be your biggest problems. FPS is going to be reliant on always having a steady amount of gas in the mag well. Gas guns are notorious for loosing gas even while not shooting. Jonathan's $300+ shotgun looses gas just sitting around. On range, usually in outdoor play, which is all we have at the moment ( don't know if you've heard about the Wichita Falls CQB facility, but it won't be open till spring of '09), your range is going 100- 180 ft. With a shotgun, your max range is about 75 ft, without a tightbore. You could get a tightbore, but that is expensive and they have not yet come out with an 8mm version, however, they may soon. On rate of fire (ROF), you are going to suck. In the time it takes you to pump, sight and shoot, I will have been able to fire 20+ bb's into you head.

3. External reliabilty. I'll admit, I don't have much here. I think that shotguns just sound sweet. However, I have heard that the pump can fail pretty easily.

Thats about it. Here are some good reviews that may or may not contradict what I have said. In the end, it comes down to what you really want. If I were you, buy an M4 or AK. I you need advice on either of those feel to free to ask. Also, talk to Jonathan and Nathan about their opinions on the shotgun, after all, they have the version that cost twice as much. Here are the reviews. Good luck in your choice,
-Wyat
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=49964.0;all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWx6Qo7TVsA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCZT0F0m-IQ
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-y74yLQ7PAYQ/firing_report_acm_m500_gas_airsoft_shotgun/
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/acm-m500-combat-shotgun/2963325906
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Alright. THANK YOU a million times over for this. I appreciate it, Wyat. I have done tons of research into this prospect, and believe I have found counter-points for your points. I'll list 'em here if somebody wants them, but otherwise, expect it in a PM, Mr. Earp. I'll sum it up for now - Judging from the research I have done, a gas shotgun is a serious contender for my next weapon. AEG is also a serious contender. It will all come down to what I like more, as far as looks, performance, reliability and cost.
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:17 pm

Please post them. That's why were here. I look forward to this debate Very Happy
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Mmmkay. Copied and pasted from my PM to Wyat Earp.

1. *Gas efficiency* The resevoir on the ACM takes 10-20 seconds to fill. I've heard you can empty at least one, if not all three internal magazines without refilling. That's, minimum, 60 rounds at my disposal, or 11 actual shots. There are systems that would allow me to use HPA, CO2, or another constant air gas, but I think the velocity might be too high. I would be running this gun on propane.

2. *FPS, Range, and RoF* As far as FPS goes - I'm not concerned. Everything I've heard about this shotgun and GBB/NBB's in general says that unless you're super low on gas or firing real fast, there's no noticeable drop in velocity. Range - ACM M500 has around 100-120ft range, if the reviews I've read are to be believed. I plan on engaging WAY inside that with this as my secondary. More like 0-50 feet. Or, if as my primary, as far away as I can hit the target! Very Happy I could certainly buy a tightbore and increase my range further, and as far as I know, TB's are only 20-30 bucks, right? If I were to nab this gun, it would be the 6mm version, just fyi. ROF - I can pump a shotgun pretty fast without completely losing my sight picture. I would take the rear sight off this gun anyways - I hate ghost rings. And, isn't the whole point of a shotgun to not have to aim very much? Laughing Also, I can pump a shotgun while still aiming downrange. I COULD do the whole *aim it to the side and look awesome* pump thing, but I probably wouldn't.

3. *External Reliability* No argument.
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down