Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.
Lethal Response unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» need to sell
Wyat's Wonderful Workout! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:46 pm by trippndesign

» Player Intro: Mitu
Wyat's Wonderful Workout! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 pm by Wyat Earp

» OP: Toothless Dragon.
Wyat's Wonderful Workout! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm by Wyat Earp

» Intro: Bazz
Wyat's Wonderful Workout! EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm by Wyat Earp

» Two Forney games to choose from.
Wyat's Wonderful Workout! EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:53 pm by Wyat Earp

» Night Game at Wyatts.
Wyat's Wonderful Workout! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm by Wyat Earp

» Urgent Fury 3 Operation Anaconda
Wyat's Wonderful Workout! EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 pm by Wyat Earp

» Custom Paintjobs
Wyat's Wonderful Workout! EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:58 pm by Wyat Earp

» Operation: Just Revenge(Battle for Marjah) Sept. 11-12 2010
Wyat's Wonderful Workout! EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:17 pm by Wyat Earp

Wyat's Wonderful Workout!

4 posters

Go down

Wyat's Wonderful Workout! Empty Wyat's Wonderful Workout!

Post by Wyat Earp Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Okay, so I know you really don't need to be in good shape to play on the airsoft field, but to do well, you have to have some stamina when it comes to physical health. Thus, I present Wyat' Wonderful Workout. This was inspired on basic Navy SEAL requirements, mixed with a training program known as Cross-Fit, currently being used ( at times in place of or for) PT. Here's a link to the website: http://www.crossfit.com/ . These guys are bad a--, mainly body builders or soldiers, and have created one of the most intense workouts in the world. My uncle ( currently stationed in A-Stan w/ the 101st), gave me the website, and a basic starting platform, which I now present to you. The beauty of my version is that it can be done completely without a gym, or thus, a gym membership. You don't even have to leave the comfort of your home. As long as you have a timer, and the will to improve, this workout is doable. Here it is:
1. Warm Up:
The warm up is crucial. If you don't warm up properly, you can pull a muscle and be out of commission for our next practice or game. I know, so sad. I usually pull me left, then right arm across my body, each for 20 seconds, then over the head, again for 20 seconds. I do more, but I'm sure you all know how to stretch. Just make yo sure you don't skimp on this.
2. Setting your time:
If this is your first time doing the workout, set your time accordingly. Vise versa, if you normally do a strenuous workout ( ie. Jonathan), and are only doing to this to later laugh at how pathetic I am, take it into account as well. I found, set your cell phone, kitchen timer, whatever, for 10 minutes for our first day. You'll see why later. If you are in good shape, try 15 or 20 minutes, if your like Jonathan or Jarod, 20-25 minutes would be good for you.
3. Let's get it on!
Once you have your timer set, now comes the fun part! Start out doing 20 push ups, with your arms spread a little wider then shoulder width. For a more challenging push up, try diamond, put your arms closer or farther apart, etc. Once you've done 20, move straight into sit ups. With these, I cross my arms over my chest, and pull up almost to my knees, hold for about half a second, and then go down. Do these sit ups/ crunches on a mat, or some kind of absorbent surface, as I've found they can cause lower back problems later in the day. Last, are squats. I do 20. Spread your feet a little wider then shoulder width, and when you squat, try to keep your back straight. Also, keep your hands locked and your arms pointed straight out in front of you as you go down. When you go down, you want to far enough that it would make a challenging wall sit, but your butt should not touch the ground. Once you've completed all three, record it on a piece of paper you create. You will want to put the date, number of reps, and the amount of time you gave yourself on it. Keep the paper and track your progress.
4. Conclusion:
You should repeat these sets until you have concluded your allotted time. Try to go straight through, only breaking for sips of water. I sometimes use a camel-back, so that I can get used to drinking while still doing strenuous activity. After you've done the reps for 10 minutes, stop, and stretch again.
5. How to move up:
Once you feel comfortable with the 10 minute routine, increase by 5 minute intervals. You'll know when to increase, because you'll have to drink less water, your muscles won't have as much of a burn, and you won't sweat as much. I have found that if I do it everyday in the week, except Sunday, you can increase by five minutes per week. Remember to track your progress, and keep good notes. You can try to increase the number of reps each time, while keeping the time the same, and see how far you can push yourself. If this first one was easy for you, make it harder! Add more of what you think you need to work on, and stick with it! I sleep better, and feel more confident about myself and my abilities now that I've been doing this program. It's free, and takes very little time out of your day. I hope you all at least give it a try.
If you have questions, comments, or feelings, post 'em. If you have a workout you find successful, I'd love to hear about it! I feel that if we can get our team in great shape, we can move faster, kill more, and be an all around more effective team on the field of play. So, get started today on Wyat's Wonderful Workout!
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male
Number of posts : 621
Job/hobbies : Airsoft isn't a sport, it's a lifestyle!
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Wyat's Wonderful Workout! Empty Re: Wyat's Wonderful Workout!

Post by aerosmith Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:35 pm

this is optional right? and btw, double topic.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:12 pm

Thanks, fixed. Yes it's optional, but next time you go to play video games, trying doing ten minutes of this first.
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:20 pm

man shut up, i dont remember the last time i played video games unless i was on a plane or sometihn.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Good to hear. Okay, before you watch Family Guy/ South Park.
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by conchoman Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:06 pm

before saturdays game operation frienly skys, i could not touch my toes i was about 8 inches short when i leaned over. afterwards i can
conchoman
conchoman
NEWB
NEWB

Male
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : School, my kids, engine, Milsim
Registration date : 2009-09-13

http://www.conchoman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarevicious Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:33 pm

Have to agree, airsoft can be a physically demanding sport. Its not all about skill. I have to train a shitload to do what I do in the games. We already have good players but just think how good we would be if everyone spent just 10 or 20 min a day doing this. Cool
Jarevicious
Jarevicious
Corporal
Corporal

Male
Number of posts : 92
Job/hobbies : College Track, Airsoft, working on my jeep
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum