Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.
Lethal Response unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» need to sell
Support weapon for Nathan. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:46 pm by trippndesign

» Player Intro: Mitu
Support weapon for Nathan. EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 pm by Wyat Earp

» OP: Toothless Dragon.
Support weapon for Nathan. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm by Wyat Earp

» Intro: Bazz
Support weapon for Nathan. EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm by Wyat Earp

» Two Forney games to choose from.
Support weapon for Nathan. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:53 pm by Wyat Earp

» Night Game at Wyatts.
Support weapon for Nathan. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm by Wyat Earp

» Urgent Fury 3 Operation Anaconda
Support weapon for Nathan. EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 pm by Wyat Earp

» Custom Paintjobs
Support weapon for Nathan. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:58 pm by Wyat Earp

» Operation: Just Revenge(Battle for Marjah) Sept. 11-12 2010
Support weapon for Nathan. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:17 pm by Wyat Earp

Support weapon for Nathan.

4 posters

Go down

Support weapon for Nathan. Empty Support weapon for Nathan.

Post by Wyat Earp Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:36 am

http://www.northtexasairsoft.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3973
Check out the bottom part. Fully upgraded A&K SAW shooting at 450 fps. And only $400! I know you have about $600 stashed somewhere, so why don't you pick this up? It is upgraded by Blugin, so it's been done right. Just some food for thought.

-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male
Number of posts : 621
Job/hobbies : Airsoft isn't a sport, it's a lifestyle!
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Support weapon for Nathan. Empty Re: Support weapon for Nathan.

Post by Nathan Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:18 pm

well since someone on our team is already going to buy a saw, i might just throw a kwa or systema gearbox in my scar

or super upgrade a G&G m14 Razz
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male
Number of posts : 389
Job/hobbies : DMR:KWA M16, G&G SCAR
Humor : HaHaHaHa
Registration date : 2008-10-03

https://teamlru.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Do you think you can get something by March 15? Also, you can never have to many SAW's afro
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:25 am

yeah if i get something by march 15 it will be the kwa m4 with the black jp rifle kit Laughing
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:27 am

Sounds cool.
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:21 pm

hey wyat i found something on airsoft gi that is the exxact same mp5 that you pointed out to me but it is a different brand. im posting the web adress here so that you can check it out. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2113
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Except that this one is 1000x better:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=280_281&products_id=2610

I know, for I own one.

PS Wyat - Dual-MP5's ftw. Let's start an HK club.
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 am

yeah i dont think having a Galaxy mp5 for a main weapon is a good idea.
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:25 pm

sep, you are completely right about it being 100x better however it is a little out of my price range. if i had that amount of money i'd buy the echo 1 g36c and the vertical grip, however if you find anything good for a beginner between $100 and $125 let me know.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:29 pm

what do you guys think of this cause i need a decent gun for games until i get a job and can afford a better one.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2881
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:48 pm

ERGING YOU TO SAVE UP!!

ok heres whats going to happen. you'll buy a cheep gun explaining to us that you will get a better one later on and then you wont get another gun, eventually your cheep gun will break and then your screwd...

furthermore....

save up for at least an echo 1 and you will thank me. plus people at games wont thank your much of a noob.

you need to have a gun that is reliable and can stand up to at least 2 games a month and practices.(a galaxy mp5 is not a good idea)

speeking of prices, when you earn that money from doing stuff around the house, save it. DO NOT go buy some twinkies and pig out. just save it and when you have a kick ass gun, you will thank me. my first gun was $250.....

thats alot of f******* yards to mow.....

PLUS this is a team, not a club to where if you have any airsoft gun that you can join, you actually have to have a GOOD gun.

thats my advice, with my deepest respects
Very Happy
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:36 pm

hey nate, did you even look at the gun link i just posted? it seems to be a great gun and has absolutly glowing reviews. plus i really didnt't appreciate that comment about the twinkies i dont eve nlike them and im actually trying to lose weight. and check this out it is a really solid ECHO 1 MP5A5 Ver. 3 and it is affordable.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Hey Steven, don't feel obliged to listen to Nathan....He hasn't been to a game in a couple months and I fear he is getting out of airsoft. Also, he probably likes twinkies a lot more than you do! Very Happy Just kidding Nate, but seriously - I'm starting to want that KWA on my side again. Get out to a game sometime!

Steven, as far as guns are concerned, Nathan is actually incorrect. I digg your statement about the "glowing reviews" for that AK, and you're absolutely right - Cyma makes an amazing line of AK's and M14's, and I've never heard a word bad about them (except one minor internal part on some M14's). My friend actually has a Cyma AK, and his Rate of Fire rivals mine, while I shoot a 9.6v battery and he shoots an 8.4v! I can say with the utmost certainty that if you purchase the AK you linked to, or really any of Cyma's, you will be happy with it for a long time. When it breaks on you, you will definitely have the money for a new gun, if not have a new rifle already in your hands. They last a looooong time. Built to last, Duralast!

About the Echo 1 G36C - My friend Ryan has one, Wyat has met him and seen it and so can attest to this: It's great. Built very solidly, gets a good velocity and RoF (rate of fire) stock and Ryan hasn't had any issues with it yet. However, you might be surprised to learn that the JG and Echo 1 guns are the same; most are actually made in the same factory! Echo 1 basically takes JG guns, USED TO put new bushings on them, upgrades the springs (for the full metal E1 series), and slaps some trademarks on there and hits you with a 30-day warranty. If you don't mind paying an extra $25 for that, go ahead and buy the Echo. I believe JG's come with a 15-day warranty. Good luck to you in picking, purchasing and using your first real airsoft gun!

Also, Steven, I wanted to commend you on the high level of initiative and interest you have shown in airsoft. It says a lot about you as a person and as a player, and, I hope to not be speaking to soon, but I believe you have thus far shown yourself to be a person who would be a great help on the field of battle and I hope that holds true when you start playing. Glad to know we have someone who actually plans on going to games on the team (hint: Nathan! Laughing ). See you on the field sometime. Sean out.
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:40 pm

thanks sean for your advice so if you were in my shoes would you go with the ak and then save up for the g36? because thats what im thinking of doing im only 15 bucks short of getting it and im doing some work around my house to help pay for it.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:50 pm

$15 short of the AK or G36? Frankly, I would stick to your plan. It seems solid and legit. Also, make sure you have money to buy BB's with! Without some plastic to shoot your "omg-amazing-uber-awesome-super cool-totally l33t AK" turns into an "Omg-lame-sucky paperweight"! I would recommend TSD Tactical .25's, as Wyat did: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_44_193&products_id=2445

Buy at least one bag, two or more would be recommended, but the amount you buy depends on how heavy your trigger finger is!

Sep out
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:53 pm

thanks sep im 15 shy of the ak but i should have that in about a week or two. with the amount im getting for my wok i should be getting about enoughto finish off the money for the ak and get 2 or 3 bags of bb's
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Cool, sounds like your plan is pretty legit. Glad to hear you're workin' hard to attain your goals.

Sean out

PS - Nathan, I'm just messing with you. Steven, call me Sean, even though I flip between Sep/Sepultura/Sean on LRU/NTA.
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:38 pm

my main problem after i get a gun will be that i dont have any gear besides glasses. i dont have any chest rigs or multi cam or anything all i have is hunting camo
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Frankly, Wyat is a little too advertising of Multicam. It's a good pattern, but it's not really the be-all, end-all he makes it out to be. You noob, Wyat! Laughing

Hunting camo will be fine until you can get money for a proper pattern. Start with plain ole' woodland. I got my set used at Omaha's in Fort Worth for $20. Then a desert pattern of some sort. I got my choco-chips at M&J's in Granbury, also for $20. After you get woodlands and a desert pattern of some sort, feel free to experiment with other camo. I personally am going to (hopefully!) get some ABU's pretty soon. It's the new air force camo, and it looks awesome!
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:30 pm

steven tyler wrote:hey nate, did you even look at the gun link i just posted? it seems to be a great gun and has absolutly glowing reviews. plus i really didnt't appreciate that comment about the twinkies i dont eve nlike them and im actually trying to lose weight. and check this out it is a really solid ECHO 1 MP5A5 Ver. 3 and it is affordable.

yeah i did....cyma ak47....
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:31 pm

steven tyler wrote:hey nate, did you even look at the gun link i just posted? it seems to be a great gun and has absolutly glowing reviews. plus i really didnt't appreciate that comment about the twinkies i dont eve nlike them and im actually trying to lose weight. and check this out it is a really solid ECHO 1 MP5A5 Ver. 3 and it is affordable.

Holy twinky!!!

wow....i told you about the echo1 mp5 at school and you started to whine about how you wanted the galaxy mp5 pdw...
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Sepultura779 wrote:Hey Steven, don't feel obliged to listen to Nathan....He hasn't been to a game in a couple months and I fear he is getting out of airsoft. Also, he probably likes twinkies a lot more than you do! Very Happy Just kidding Nate, but seriously - I'm starting to want that KWA on my side again. Get out to a game sometime!

Steven, as far as guns are concerned, Nathan is actually incorrect. I digg your statement about the "glowing reviews" for that AK, and you're absolutely right - Cyma makes an amazing line of AK's and M14's, and I've never heard a word bad about them (except one minor internal part on some M14's). My friend actually has a Cyma AK, and his Rate of Fire rivals mine, while I shoot a 9.6v battery and he shoots an 8.4v! I can say with the utmost certainty that if you purchase the AK you linked to, or really any of Cyma's, you will be happy with it for a long time. When it breaks on you, you will definitely have the money for a new gun, if not have a new rifle already in your hands. They last a looooong time. Built to last, Duralast!

About the Echo 1 G36C - My friend Ryan has one, Wyat has met him and seen it and so can attest to this: It's great. Built very solidly, gets a good velocity and RoF (rate of fire) stock and Ryan hasn't had any issues with it yet. However, you might be surprised to learn that the JG and Echo 1 guns are the same; most are actually made in the same factory! Echo 1 basically takes JG guns, USED TO put new bushings on them, upgrades the springs (for the full metal E1 series), and slaps some trademarks on there and hits you with a 30-day warranty. If you don't mind paying an extra $25 for that, go ahead and buy the Echo. I believe JG's come with a 15-day warranty. Good luck to you in picking, purchasing and using your first real airsoft gun!

Also, Steven, I wanted to commend you on the high level of initiative and interest you have shown in airsoft. It says a lot about you as a person and as a player, and, I hope to not be speaking to soon, but I believe you have thus far shown yourself to be a person who would be a great help on the field of battle and I hope that holds true when you start playing. Glad to know we have someone who actually plans on going to games on the team (hint: Nathan! Laughing ). See you on the field sometime. Sean out.

wow sep your beginning to sound like your not a noob and you know so much more than i do when the only gun that you've ever had that wasnt from a crappy store is the mp5 you currently own.....and i was joking about the frickin twinkies. get a high end gun(at least echo1 or better). im not talking about to have for a little while. im talking about as long as possible for the budget you have right now.don't listen to sep as seeing he thinks any gun is good just because of the reviews on ASGI.and sep im beginning to think your talking too much about me always being wrong when i prove right almost every time good luck with your saving up money tyler

and on the camo patterns for the team,this is what will be required when join(or after if you have financial issues) ABU will not be one of them considering they are 14 dollars more than marpat and it looks ugly

Multicam

Desert-any kind will work for now

Woodland marpat is 31.99 for the blouse and 31.99 for the trousers at http://www.bdu.com/acu-coats.html
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosmith Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:43 pm

im tending to lean toward sseans advice as he has helped me center in on an affordable, decent gun as opposed to your trying to sell me on 5 different guns at once that are all out of my price range. not everyone can afford a $150 gun at almost any given moment.
aerosmith
aerosmith
Captain
Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Okay. I've been reading this post for a while. I feel like it has somewhat gone off course from it's original purpose. Nathan and Sean, if you guys have issues that need to be worked out, please do so through the forms of PM's. Remember, we're all on one team, and we're all friends on these forums. Remember, lets keep it civil.

Onto the guns. Tyler, the Cyma AK is a good gun. It is reliable, and I have only heard positive things about Cyma's line. Here's some reviews.
http://www.redsoldier.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=143&view=getlastpost
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Cyma-Ak-105-cm031d-Rev-t110845.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctjGChLbXYw
Cyma guns are made from good materials. The guns are not on the same level as CA, KWA or G&G, but it will get the job done for now. However I can also recommend the JG AK, simply because I own it. I take good care of my weapons, and most members on this forum can attest to that. PM me for more details on a package deal. Back to the Cyma, no one on this forum (including myself) has ever shot or held this weapon, to my best knowledge.

The next gun it sounds like your interested in is the Galaxy MP5. Nathan, who does give good advice, is slightly incorrect on this point. He is correct on the fact that it might not make a suitable primary, but it is compact, light, and accurate for it's size. Here are some reviews that I found helpful.
http://www.acmeairsoft.com/archive/index.php/t-3882.html
http://www.popularairsoft.com/reviews/galaxy-g5-mp5-pdw-cute-li-l-devil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHjVV_NULTE
If this is the style of gun you like, a lot can be done to make it more woodland ready. The fps is decent, however, a JG or Echo 1 would probably have better fps out of the box. The Echo1 MP5 is an excellent gun, as Sean can attest to.

Onto uniform requirements, we do not have a specific uniform req.' at this time. However, as Nate stated, Woodland and Desert are recommended. Your third camo can be your pick. Like Sean said, he might get some ABU's. I like Multicam. It is a highly effective patter and works very well in most AO's. It is a little expensive, but your third line uniform will usually be more expensive then your others.

Onto guns overall, there are two lines of thought in airsoft at the moment. 1.) You can by inexpensive guns for a while. i.e.. Well, Aftermath, etc. For our team, as Nathan stated, we recommend the 2nd alternative. 2.) By a high grade gun right off the bat. This includes CA, G&G, KWA. These guns can last sometimes twice, or three times as long as the others, but can also cost twice or three times as much. As Nathan also pointed out, respect on the airsoft is a huge deal. It may not seem big right now, but it can will when you hit the field. If you need more advice, you can talk to Nathan. He will put a lot more sass into it ( not necessarily a bad thing), he just has strong opinions. Sean is more clinical. His advice is refined and thought out. These are totally different strategies for getting information across. I don't want to delve to deeply in my psyche files on team mates, but if you want more info, PM me. Lol. (sort of.)

Again, I'm feeling a little animosity among the ranks. This is natural during growth periods, but lets try to keep it civil. Also, from now on lets keep things on topic. I will allow this discussion to continue, but if it happens in another thread I will be forced to lock it. I'm going to let you guys work this one out for yourselves, but I will step in if asked. Thanks for choosing LRU for your weekly dose of free thought,

Sincerely,
Wyat Jamieson
Team leader LRU.
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down