Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lethal Response unit
Please log in to continue. If you have not Registered, you will not be able to post.
Lethal Response unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» need to sell
Sniper's Journal EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:46 pm by trippndesign

» Player Intro: Mitu
Sniper's Journal EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 pm by Wyat Earp

» OP: Toothless Dragon.
Sniper's Journal EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm by Wyat Earp

» Intro: Bazz
Sniper's Journal EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm by Wyat Earp

» Two Forney games to choose from.
Sniper's Journal EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:53 pm by Wyat Earp

» Night Game at Wyatts.
Sniper's Journal EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm by Wyat Earp

» Urgent Fury 3 Operation Anaconda
Sniper's Journal EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 pm by Wyat Earp

» Custom Paintjobs
Sniper's Journal EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:58 pm by Wyat Earp

» Operation: Just Revenge(Battle for Marjah) Sept. 11-12 2010
Sniper's Journal EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:17 pm by Wyat Earp

Sniper's Journal

3 posters

Go down

Sniper's Journal Empty Sniper's Journal

Post by Wyat Earp Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:25 pm

First, I want to clarify the fact that this is going to be an ongoing post. I like to "lurk" on a lot of different forums and simply absorb the information that is being distributed. I will also try and include some of that other sniper related info not necessarily in this post, but for sure in this section. Rarely do I comment, however when or if I do, I usually have a good article to add to the discussion. Now, this doesn't really make me famous on the forums, but my goal is that when people see that the post was from Wyat Earp, they will pay more attention to its content, then say other young airsofters that we have read posts from. Now, saying that, I don't claim any of the sniper techniques or ideas will work for you. However, everything I say I have used and been successful at (or not). My plan is that from now on, I am going to make a detailed record of sniper kills that I get. This will include but is not limited to: getting the order to remove an important enemy figure or player, next deciding the route and strategies I will implement to reach the objective. Next, I will recall, in detail, my approach to the target. Then when I'm in position I will note wind conditions and other factors that could influence my shot. Once these have been taken care of, I will proceed with the shot. Hopefully, I will only have to take one shot, but I will make careful note of how many shots were taken and where those shots went. Last, I will recount how I hopefully got out of the enemy terrain without getting killed. Now, all these plans may sound good, but everything that can go wrong usually does. Therefore, I will also include what went wrong. I will also include what I learned and how I could improve. I will probably carry a small notebook and a pencil wherever I go (on the field) and will take notes. I recommend that you do this as well, for I believe it is always good to remember what went right and what went wrong. I will then post all that info in this post. After each post, feel free to comment. Your advise can help me improve as well. I don't claim to be a master at an art/science that many better men and women before me have achieved greatness in, but I hope that I can learn from learn them and use their lessons on the playing field. I will date and say the entry number on each post. I hope this can become an anticipated event for you as well as me. I will try to make the entries amusing to read as well as informative. If you have any questions or comments about the Sniper's Journal format or content, feel free to post. Hope to see through my cross-hairs soon,
Wyat J.
11/7/08
Entry #1
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male
Number of posts : 621
Job/hobbies : Airsoft isn't a sport, it's a lifestyle!
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Sniper's Journal Empty Re: Sniper's Journal

Post by Sepultura779 Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:45 am

Sounds good. Looking forward to it. But, if I may offer one piece of advice, even though I think you're pretty covered in this aspect - Stay humble. "OmG h0Ly sH1t I jst pwnt tht fckn nub!!! jajaja!!!!" = bad. However, you would probably be very unlikely to do that. Just my $.02.

You'll never see me in your crosshairs. You're in my ironsights, in front of me.
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:24 am

Don't worry Sep, I will stay humble. Also, you can dream about having me in your iron sights. Also, I considering trading the M24 to a guy in Massachusets for a TM PSG1 with 3 mags and a promy tight bore installed. Opinions?
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:01 pm

Oh, I'll shoot you eventually. We have yet to engage each other though, no matter how many times we're on different teams.

The Prometheus .01? Those things are BadA! The PSG-1 has been my favorite real-steel sniper rifle for quite some time, but I think you may have some problems finding parts for it. Doesn't it use some weird version 5 gearbox or something?

I dunno man, if you can keep up with cleaning that barrel all the time and don't mind the lack of parts, that would be very nice. I have actually yet to see a guy field a PSG-1. Good luck, brother!
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:44 pm

It would be pretty awesome, but I'm concerned with the amount of money I will have to put in. It would be really cool, but I already have a 500 fps rifle that I can use. However, the PSG1 retails for $400+, so it is a good deal monetarily. Do you think the pros outway the cons. Also, do you think I should make a post on NTA letting them know about our site?
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:08 pm

Assuming it doesn't break and you take good care of it, it should probably be okay. However - How hot is it shooting? A rifle shooting 280fps isn't so great for sniping. I would say if it's shooting as hot or hotter than the M24, go for it. Either way....I still want to snipe once or twice at Deadfest. Very Happy
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:43 pm

The gun has a tb installed, so the fps should be up about 30-50. Also, Nate is considering selling the VSR, so if your in the market for a good sniper platform, get about $150 and talk to RC. Thanks for the advise Sep,
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepultura779 Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:52 pm

330-350? Eh....I would suggest contacting some of the resident NTA snipers (Guardian, 762, Zero, Scuba Steve, I think) and getting their opinions. They know more about a gun shooting stock-CA rates than I do. God will help you make the right choice if you ask Him to. Sorry, don't want to sound like a crazy evangelist but it's an option, lol. I'm probably the wrong guy to give you advice about sniping anyways....I play medic in shooters. Very Happy Very Happy Speaking of which....I think I'll take your place as medic at some point in Deadfest. Assuming you're sick of being one, of course. Lulz.
Sepultura779
Sepultura779
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:01 pm

wyats always the medic lol. and yes i am selling the VSR

wyat don't be stupid and trade the m24 or your m4(that would be more stupid than jumping out of an air plane without a parachute)
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male
Number of posts : 389
Job/hobbies : DMR:KWA M16, G&G SCAR
Humor : HaHaHaHa
Registration date : 2008-10-03

https://teamlru.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:21 pm

Nate, I like the new look of the forums! Is that really your opinion, or do you just not like it because I do? Please list some valid reasons why I should keep the M24, and I will list some on why I think I would prefer the PSG1. Also post whats wrong with the PSG1.
-Wyat
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyat Earp Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:24 pm

I liked the format we had about 2 minutes ago. Now it looks like a UFO/Conspiracy theorie website. The blu/gray was cool and the banner seems like a big ad.
-Wyat
EDIT: Why the F! does it keep changing! Starting to bug me.
W.
Wyat Earp
Wyat Earp
Sniper God
Sniper God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:46 pm

im seeing what looks good.
now are you goin to fckin criticize my designs??

because you could help out

but you dont so your opinion doesnt matter
Nathan
Nathan
General
General

Male
Number of posts : 389
Job/hobbies : DMR:KWA M16, G&G SCAR
Humor : HaHaHaHa
Registration date : 2008-10-03

https://teamlru.forumotion.net